Friday, August 3, 2012

Necklace Fixer-Upper

So, I found this necklace that I'd been holding onto for a LONG time. I wanted to give it to Chloe, who loved it, but broke it. If you look closely in the picture, you can tell between the "I" and "N" I glued it together to fix it. But, not only does this old necklace look dirty and tarnished, but it don't look quite right.



Hmmm... how am I gonna fix this? Then I remembered seeing someone on Pinterest that covered brown bobby pins with nail polish to make them pretty. So, I thought I'd give it a go!


I chose Red, Chloe's favorite color, and a glitter polish that I had on hand and decided to use to cover up the  glue spots better... not to mention what little girl doesn't love something covered in glitter?!

So, after two coats of red polish and two coats of glitter, this is what we have!


YAY! Looks pretty good! If I were to do this again in the future, I'd use a brighter color. Looks pretty good, though. Can't wait to surprise Chloe with this in the morning; she's gonna LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment